If you want to take Amoxicillin, report your provideror health care proffesional if you are allergic to any medicines (cephalosporins such as Cefzil, Omnicef, Keflex,Ceftin, and others).
And also tell your prescriber if you have the other conditions:
• liver disease;
• mononucleosis ;
• kidney disease;
• a history of any type of allergy;
• a history of diarrhea caused by taking antibiotics.
You shouldn’t take Amoxicillin if you are allergic to any penicillin antibiotic or amoxicillin , and other antibiotics such as:
• oxacillin (Bactocill); or
• dicloxacillin (Dynapen,Dycill );
• penicillin (PC Pen VK,Bicillin C-R, Pfizerpen, Pen-V, and others);
• ampicillin (Principen,Omnipen ).
This drug (Amoxicillin) may provoke the next sirious side effects:
• sores or white patches on your lips or inside your mouth ;
• swollen glands, fever, joint pain, itching or rash;
• red skin rash or severe peeling,blistering;
• yellowed or pale skin,dark colored urine, yellowing of the eyes, fever, weaknes or sconfusion;
• numbness,severe tingling, muscle weakness, pain ; or
• unusual bleeding (mouth,nose, rectum or vagina),easy bruising, red or purple pinpoint spots under your skin.
Tell your health care provider about all other medicaments you use, for example:
• an antibiotic such as clarithromycin (Biaxin),azithromycin (Zithromax), telithromycin (Ketek);erythromycin ( Ery-Tab,E.E.S.,Erythrocin,EryPed.)
• Benemid (probenecid);
• Coumadin (warfarin) -a blood thinner
• a tetracycline antibiotic such as tetracycline (Panmycin,Brodspec, Tetracap, Sumycin, ), demeclocycline (Declomycin),minocycline (Solodyn,Dynacin,Vectrin, Minocin), doxycycline (Doryx, Adoxa, Vibramycin,Oracea).
• Gantanol,Bactrim,Septra, SMX-TMP,Gantrisin and others sulfa drugs.